Because I just can’t help myself. And because these people are completely misunderstanding evolution.
1. “Bill Nye, are you influencing the minds of children in a positive way?”
2. “Are you scared of a Divine Creator?”
3. “Is it completely illogical that the earth was created mature? i.e. trees created with rings… Adam created as an adult…”
4. “Does not the second law of thermodynamics disprove Evolution?”
5. “How do you explain a sunset if their is no God?”
6. “If the Big Bang Theory is true and taught as science along with evolution, why do the laws of thermodynamics debunk said theories?”
8. “Where do you derive objective meaning in life?”
9. “If God did not create everything, how did the first single-celled organism originate? By chance?”
10. “I believe in the Big Bang Theory… God said it and BANG it happened!”
11. “Why do evolutionists / secularists /huminists/ non-God believing people reject the idea of their being a Creator God but embrace the concept of intelligent design from aliens or other extra-terrestrial sources?”
12. “There is no in between… the only one found has been Lucy and there are only a few pieces of the hundreds necessary for an ‘official proof’.”
13. “Does metamorphosis help support evolution?”
14. “If Evolution is a Theory (like creationism or the Bible) why then is Evolution taught as fact.”
15. “Because science by definition is a ‘theory’ – not testable, observable, nor repeatable [–] why do you object to creationism or intelligent design being taught in school?”
16. “What mechanism has science discovered that evidences an increase of genetic information seen in any genetic mutation or evolutionary process?”
17. “What purpose do you think you are here for if you do not believe in Salvation?”
18. “Why have we found only 1 ‘Lucy’ when we have found more than 1 of everything else?”
19. “Can you believe in ‘the big bang’ without ‘faith’?”
20. “How can you look at the world and not believe someone created / thought of it? It’s Amazing!!!”
21. “Relating to the big bang theory… where did the exploding star come from?”
22. “If we come from monkeys then why are there still monkeys?”
14 thoughts on “22 Responses to 22 Creationists’ Challenges to Evolution”
You just made my day and made me smile. All my scientist nerd friends and I have been nerding out on the original. You said what we were saying! Also, I have a crush on you.
Awesome–I love it!! 🙂
This was wonderful! Thanks for posting it :-).
Finally a little sanity–and a spoonful of humor. Thanks for the pick-me-up.
It is a bit like saying why do I still have my grandma but its more like, “If my cousin and I share a grandma, why do I still have cousins?” Thanks for posting the response.
I was just so annoyed reading those 22, you basically wrote down what I was shouting at my PC……in the middle of an open plan office ….with 22 people wondering why the old guy had gone nuts.
Regarding number 21: The Big Bang was not a star exploding at all. Nucleosynthesis, which would form the hydrogen needed to make a star, happened after the Big Bang.
I do like your choice of explanation, however! 🙂
I still have a lot of questions but will make two statements. It’s not that why is my grandma still here that would be the question, but why am I not different from her in dramatic ways as the monkey. It has been thousands of years of the human race and we are still pretty much the same as when we started. I also think if evolution can be taught in schools while it is still in fact a theory, then creationism should be taught as a theory also. Either why a person has to make a choice in which of the two to believe.
Significant changes during Evolution for the most part take longer than a few thousand years. ( And humans did change ) And your question about Evolution as a theory have already been answered by the original post. See 14 and 15.
I couldn’t understand number 11: “Why do evolutionists / secularists /huminists/ non-God believing people reject the idea of their being a Creator God but embrace the concept of intelligent design from aliens or other extra-terrestrial sources?”
because I don’t think these groups think of themselves as a Creator God, until I realized you meant to say, “… reject the idea of there being a Creator God …” Oh, and spell-check just caught “huminists” instead of humanists.
Sorry but writer/editors can’t help ourselves sometimes. 🙂
This is so funny! Even though I still think life has no meaning
Great questions, fun, real answers….Thanks for the post.
Well then, how do you explain being so hot???